Akashi Red Blended Whisky is a blended whisky reserved in Japanese Shochu cask (American Oak) for 3 years. It is aged in ex-bourbon casks before finishing in ex-sherry casks for 2 years.
- Eye: Brilliant brassy gold
- Nose : Herbs and pine. Hints of white grape, lemon, yellow apple and angelica fruits. Dry oak, with lavender and floral undertones. Some tobacco smoke.
- Palate: Rich malt with vanilla and grapes. Pine, oak and floral notes accompany a slightly bitter citrus peel.
- Finish: Oak and warming wood spices with a touch of vanilla.
- Cinnamon & Raw Honey Pili Nuts – The nose of this whisky is smoky and it has a soothing warm finish which go well with the sweetness from the pili nuts. Together with the pili nuts, the experience of this pairing is amazing from start to the end.
You will be in for a good time with a glass of Akashi Red Blended Whisky, perfect drink for those who are looking for something light, fruity and mildly sweet.