Akashi Red Blended Whisky is a blended whisky reserved in Japanese Shochu cask (American Oak) for 3 years. It is aged in ex-bourbon casks before finishing in ex-sherry casks for 2 years.
- Eye: Brilliant brassy gold
- Nose : Herbs and pine. Hints of white grape, lemon, yellow apple and angelica fruits. Dry oak, with lavender and floral undertones. Some tobacco smoke.
- Palate: Rich malt with vanilla and grapes. Pine, oak and floral notes accompany a slightly bitter citrus peel.
- Finish: Oak and warming wood spices with a touch of vanilla.
- Cinnamon & Raw Honey Pili Nuts – The nose of this whisky is smoky and it has a soothing warm finish which go well with the sweetness from the pili nuts. Together with the pili nuts, the experience of this pairing is amazing from start to the end.